Here at the International Health Centre The Hague we provide extensive Sleep diagnostic testing as well as specialist support for patients diagnosed with sleep disorders.
Insomnia is one of the most common kinds of sleep disorders throughout the World. Whether you have difficulty falling asleep or maintaining sleep, insomnia can impact various aspects of your life. Insomnia commonly leads to daytime sleepiness, lethargy, and a general feeling of being unwell, both mentally and physically. Mood swings, irritability, and anxiety are common associated symptoms. Insomnia has also been associated with a higher risk of developing chronic diseases.
Consultations for sleep diagnostics for Insomnia include the following:
- An intake appointment with the Sleep Diagnostics Nurse who assesses your sleeping routines and your day and night symptoms.
- A screen of any other sleep disorders your may have that contribute to your insomnia.
- An assessment by the specialist (either Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist or Internal Medicine Specialist).
- A sleeping test to rule out any other sleep disorders (if applicable)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) by our trained Sleep Diagnostic Nurse.
For more information about CBT-I:
Sleep Apnea is a serious medical condition that occurs when a patients breathing is affected during their sleep. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep, sometimes hundreds of times. This means the brain and the rest of the body may not get enough oxygen.
Consultations for sleep diagnostics for Sleep Apnea include the following:
- An assessment of the patients sleeping habits and sleep hygiene
- An assessment of their daytime symptoms
- An indepth explanation about sleep physiology and what occurs when we sleep
- Education on Sleep Apnea pathophysiology and how sleep apnea can affect our lives.
- A polygraphy (PG) test that monitors your sleeping patterns and diagnoses sleep disorders
- An appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist who will assess your upper airway as well as interpret your sleep test for you
- Advice on the various treatment options available for your diagnosed condition
International Health Centre staff work together with VIVISOL, who offer the latest diagnostic and treatment equipment on the market.
For more information about Sleep Apnea:
For more information on VIVISOL:
For further information, please email us.
Please call (070) 306 5100 (between 08h00 to 12h00 and 14h00 to 17h00)
If you have Dutch health insurance, a referral letter is needed from your GP first
If you require wheelchair access, please let us know when booking your appointment