Medical Receptionist – International Health Centre of The Hague
The international Health Centre in The Hague (IHCH) is looking to hire a driven and friendly medical Secretary to join our large and vibrant international team of medical Doctors, assistants, nurses and Specialists. Our new medical Secretary must hold a Medical Secretary Diploma or have had previous experience in a medical facility. They are patient-oriented, speak fluent English and have impeccable communication skills and have excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills.
The candidate enjoys working under pressure, can multi-task in a fast-paced medical environment and effectively react to patient medical needs. They will contribute to the efficient day-to-day upkeep and administration of our international medical healthcare facility.
Our Medical Receptionist will work at the IHCH front desk and first floor Policlinic reception desk. Hours are from 08.00 until 17.00, between 3-4 days (24-32 hours) per week.
- Experience of Medical Database management
- A Diploma of Medical Secretaries and Receptionists or equivalent is preferred, or at least two years experience in a medical facility
- Excellent command of the English language and basic knowledge of Dutch.
- A particular interest in working in a medical environment and excelling in a reception and administration role
- University/college degree is an asset
Essential skills for the position:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (face-to-face, telephone, emails)
- Strong organisational, administrative and planning skills (record-keeping
- Ability to conduct general reception and administrative duties with precision
- Excellent time management -keeping Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and can stay calm, focussed in busy periods
- Ability to react effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information
- A proactive, practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- superb time management and record-keeping skills
- Be passionate about healthcare excellence and quality
As an IHCH Receptionist, you will:
- Greet and assist patients as they check in at the front desk or Polyclinic services.
- Assist with booking and changing appointments face to face and via Telephone and email.
- Answer the telephone with answering and referring enquiries.
- Keep patient appointments on schedule by notifying the specialists of their arrival and informing the specialists if there are changes to their schedules
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records through the IHCH database. Scanning results after review by the specialists
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information. Providing administration of patient invoices for the Preventive Health services and taking payments for such
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, and scheduling equipment service and repairs. This will be in coordination with facilities management and the head nurse of the policlinic.
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies as a back up to main emergency line in the GP area
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintain operations by following IHCH policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Depending on qualifications and experience, the salary will be range from €1,900 and €2,300 per month on a full time basis.
Additional benefits include a pension scheme, holiday and end of year bonus and travel compensation when applicable.
If you are interested in this position and meet all the requirements, please send your CV and cover letter to Joanna Sanders, HR email: firstname.lastname@example.org