Here at the International Health Centre The Hague we provide extensive Sleep diagnostic testing as well as specialist support for patients diagnosed with sleep disorders.
Sleep Apnea is a serious medical condition that occurs when a patients breathing is affected during their sleep. People with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep, sometimes hundreds of times. This means the brain and the rest of the body may not get enough oxygen.
Initial consultations for sleep diagnostics include the following:
- An assessment of the patients sleeping habits and sleep hygiene
- An assessment of their daytime symptoms
- An indepth explanation about sleep physiology and what occurs when we sleep
- Education on Sleep Apnea pathophysiology and how sleep apnea can affect our lives.
- A polygraphy (PG) test that monitors your sleeping patterns and diagnoses sleep disorders
- An appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist who will assess your upper airway as well as interpret your sleep test for you
- Advice on the various treatment options available for your diagnosed condition
International Health Centre staff work together with VIVISOL, who offer the latest diagnostic and treatment equipment on the market.
For more information about Sleep Apnea:
For more information on VIVISOL:
For further information, please email us
Appointments - Please call (070) 306 5145 (between 08h00 to 12h00 and 14h00 to 16h00)
If you have Dutch health insurance, a referral letter is needed from your GP first
If you require wheelchair access, please let us know when booking your appointment