Latest updates Covid-19 virus
In response to the current Covid-19 corona virus outbreak, we have updated our practices. These are in place to continue to provide you with safe, high quality medical care, whilst reducing the transmission risk to you and to our employees. Please check this page for regular updates.
Please remember that if you have cold or flu-like symptoms do not attend your appointment or come to the IHCH unless otherwise specified. If your symptoms are mild please stay at home and self-isolate until your symptoms have subsided. If you are concerned and would like to speak with a doctor about your questions or symptoms, please fill out our COVID-19 call back form. We will do our best to call you back within 2-3 hours.
If your symptoms are getting worse, and you are having shortness of breath, please call our GP center to speak to an assistant directly on 070 306 5111. Outside our opening hours contact the SMASH number for the Hague on 070 346 9669.
The IHCH has set up video-conferencing equipment and programs, together with hygienic shield barriers and new hygiene protocols to continue helping you with any health and medical concerns. We take your health and safety very seriously. As we slowly go back to a new 'normal', below are some of the changes you can expect when you come to the IHCH.
When you come to the IHCH you can expect the following:
- Please call ahead and book an appointment before coming to the IHCH (unless you are visiting the pharmacy).
- Please wear a face mask.
- We ask that you come no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive earlier, please wait outside/in your car.
- Please come to the appointment on your own, unless you require physical assistance. If your child has an appointment, we ask that only one parent is present.
- To enter the building, please ring the entrance bell. The receptionist will let you in.
- Please sanitize your hands with the alcohol gel provided when you enter the building.
- Appointments have a strict time limit which the doctor/nurse will need to adhere to in order to minimize the number of people in the building.
- If you need to pay directly after your appointment, we only accept Card payments.
- We ask that you scan and send supporting documents, ID or Insurance cards by email to prevent cross-contamination.
- Should you think of further questions you might have, please call us later instead of staying in the building longer than necessary.
Please rest assured that:
- Our common waiting and reception areas adhere to the 1,5 m rule and seats are spaced suitably far apart.
- Alcohol-based sanitizing hand gel is available throughout the building.
- Your doctor/nurse/midwife will wear a face mask and gloves where physical contact is required.
- Consulting rooms are sanitized regularly throughout the day, and we have more regular cleaning schedules throughout the building.
- People with flu-like symptoms are examined in a separate, designated area which is thoroughly disinfected after each use.
We strongly advise you not to postpone consultations for (amongst others):
- Fever (> 38 C/ 100.4 F measured with thermometer) for more than 6-7 days for adults, and for more than 3 days for children.
- Chest pain not related to upper airway complaints, palpitations
- Ongoing infections
- Scheduled children's vaccinations (0-4yrs) should be continued. The 9 years' immunisations (MMR and TdaP) and 12 years' HPV are to be postponed. The 12 years' Meningitis ACWY should be given
- Skin conditions (rash/lumps/eczema etc): tele consultation via video/pictures
- Pain, not improving with OTC self medication
- Urinary tract infections/blood in urine, difficulty urinating
- Unstable blood sugars in diabetics
- Persistent gastrointestinal (gut) symptoms (Diarrhea /vomiting/ constipation), black stools, blood in stools
- High blood pressure (measured at home)
- Dizziness, poor coordination, difficulty with speech, double vision
- Quarantine related issues, either psychological (we have psychologists on duty, assisting you by video consultations
When in doubt or worried, don't hesitate to call or email email@example.com
Please see below details for the temporary changes in each department:
PHARMACY: The pharmacy is open. Please note that the pharmacy doors now close at 17:00pm. You can still pick medication up until 18:00 by ringing the bell by the dispensing window, to the right of the main entrance. For repeat prescriptions, you can use our online request form.
GP: The GP center is open, though routine appointments may be done via phone or video conference call (where possible) and face-to-face- appointments are offered where necessaary. Should you have questions regarding your medical concerns, please contact the GP center to speak with an assistant on (070) 306 5111.
POLICLINIC: Routine or non-urgent appointments in the Policlinic may be done via phone or video conference call (where possible). Face-to-face consultations are offered after a phone assessment, and with increased hygiene measures.
DENTISTRY: The dentistry department is open for dental appointments. Please contact our dentistry department directly should you have queries or concerns on (070) 306 5180.
ADMINISTRATION: Our administration team will not be taking calls. They are reachable via e-mail Monday - Friday from 8am – 5pm on firstname.lastname@example.org
We trust you understand these temporary measures that are in place in order to ensure we protect our patients and staff. Please call the designated numbers depending on which department you wish to speak to. Should you have specific corona virus questions and you would like to speak to a doctor, please fill out our COVID-19 call back form.
Testing for SARS-Cov-2 (Corona virus)
For further information about the corona virus/COVID-19 outbreak please visit the following websites:
General information: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Dutch Government Health Authorities advice and current prevention measures: https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control COVID-19 latest data: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea
For travel advice: https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/landen
If you want to talk to a doctor, please fill out our COVID-19 call back form. Due to very high demand we will do our utmost to call you back within 2-3 hours.
(we noticed that in some cases a " page not found" or our influenza form pops up, this can be fixed by refreshing the page or clearing your browser cache, or navigate directly to https://ihch.nl/nl/formulieren-nl/covid-19-call-back-form/)